Politics God used Fayose to make me Speaker - Dogara

P

ProfRem

Hon. Yakubu Dogara, Speaker of the Federal house of Representatives in Jerusalem on Sunday revealed how God used the Ekiti state governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose to win the Speakership seat of the lower chamber of the National Assembly.

dogaraaaaa.jpe Giving his testimony at a special pilgrimage programme: “A day with Jesus for Nigeria in Israel,” organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC), held at the International Conference Centre (ICC), Jerusalem, Honourable Dogara, who emphasised the importance of prayers in the affairs of a nation and individuals, said he had lost hope of becoming the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as many forces were against him until God himself intervened.

“Concerning the race for speakership race, it was almost the same story to how I won the election to the House. Some of our members and the powers that be said they did not want a fundamentalist Christian, that I am a fanatic.

“At a point, I decided to leave everything to God, having realised that human efforts were not working, even my supporters had resolved to accept the deputy speakership offer, which I declined.

In the process, I think a few days, thereafter, that I ran into my brother, the governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, for the very first time. When I got to him, I did not know I was coming to meet a prophet, I thought I was coming to see a politician, he said.

After series of prayers together, Fayose mentioned my name, saying ‘I pronounce you the Speaker of House of Representatives’, and he said the God who made his own possible, would make my own possible.

Back