Politics Gov Abubakar Reveals More Details of APC Govs Meeting With President Buhari

L

LequteMan

Bauchi state governor, Mohammed Abubakar has shed more light on what APC governors discussed with President Muhammadu Buhari during the last meeting both parties held in Abuja.

According to him, the meeting had nothing to do with Senate President Bukola Saraki's current trial for forgery.

“I cannot say that things are going on smoothly and that is why yesterday we paid a visit to Mr. President and we expressed the need for governors to be called upon to delve into the problems of the party, with a view to reinvigorating the party so that it can continue performing the functions of a party in power, so we are trying to address this issue.”

Asked of the extent to which the APC governors will intervene in the trial of some National Assembly leader, Abubakar said: “…I assure you we are not going to tamper with cases that are before courts or tribunals and we are not going to delve into the issue at the moment.

“We are only going to touch on the political issues pertaining to the National Assembly. As for what is before the court, those of us who are lawyers, we know that we cannot touch them and the issue is just coming up but it is not politics. As far as I am concerned, If any proof is found to the allegations, these are criminal offences so there is no way any committee of governors can delve into that, I can assure you.

He added that APC governors have raised a committee to look into the problems in APC.

“Mr. President has graciously allowed us yesterday and we have in fact formed a committee of the APC governors’ forum to address this and other issues bedeviling the ruling party," he said.

Attachments

• buhari apc govs.jpg
    buhari apc govs.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
Back