Metro How I Killed A Pregnant Woman For N50,000 - Suspect

P

ProfRem

A 28-year-old man, Edet Stephen Asuquo, yesterday, made confessed to the Akwa Ibom State Police Command on how he was hired by a village council leader in Itu Local Government Area to kill a pregnant woman for ritual purposes.

Vanguard Metro gathered that the suspect was arrested on January 11 through the combined efforts of his brother and sister (names withheld) who reported the matter to the police, and the body was found by the police on a plantain farm.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Cordelia Nwawe, said the suspect who was the victim’s customer

The suspect, Asuquo, told newsmen: “What brought me to the police station is because of the job given to us by a village council chairman.

“He paid five of us to kill a pregnant woman so her head and her unborn child would be used for charms."

“He said after we have carried out the job, he will give us N50,000 each. He did not give us any advance payment. After we had done the job, my brother became angry.

“He said that this is not the kind of job I should have gotten myself involved in. He called my other senior and reported the matter to him”, lured her to the market to buy oysters, later took her home to buy more, then killed and hid her body, hoping to harvest the foetus for rituals.

Attachments

• suspc.jpe
    suspc.jpe
    5.8 KB · Views: 15
Back