Metro How Wrong Injection Killed Ifedolapo Oladepo In Kano NYSC Camp – Friend

kemi

Social Member
On Monday, November 28 2016, reports of a female corps member who died at the Kano Orientation camp filled the internet.

ifedolaapo 3.jpg

Ifedolapo Oladepo, a Transport Management graduate of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology reportedly fell sick and died at the camp.

According to Facebook post, ‘the girl died in Kano camp today due to negligence. They assumed she was pretending to be sick in order to dodge parade, so they refused to treat her until the situation got complicated.’

However, Ojo Itunuoluwa, a friend close to the deceased and her family who Spoke exclusively to Nigerian Bulletin revealed the remote and immediate causes of Ifedolapo’s death.

“She left Osogbo on Thursday and I tracked her till she reached Kano and headed for the camp. On Sunday, she told me that she was stressed out due to the journey and I warned her to find time to rest.

“The following morning (Friday), she told me she had entered camp. On Monday, I tried her number to know what’s happening on camp and for her to share me more pictures but the she was not available. I began to grow suspicious when it continued for a long time and later on, another friend called me to tell me she was dead," she narrated.

Itunuoluwa who said Ifedolapo neither showed any sign of illness nor had any peculiar ailment before leaving Osogbo said that apart from being stressed from journey, her friend was given a wrong injection which led to her death.

“Her sister is a nurse and she followed them to Kano to retrieve her body. We learnt that when my friend fell sick, she was taken to the camp clinic and immediately they started giving her injection.

“After this, she started developing rashes and in few hours’ time, she died. I believe it’s not only stress that killed my friend, their negligence also did."

Itunuoluwa also informed Nigerian Bulletin that Ifedolapo will be interred at her family residence in Osogbo today.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is sad. NYSC Camp Clinics needs some overhaul - and in fact the scheme itself. Some of the so-called Medical personnel are babies. Once you study anything related to Medicine, they will just push you to the clinic. No professional back-up at all. It is horrible.

I condole with her family on the huge loss. And thanks for following this up, @kemi !

When there is no availability of professional medical personnel, this is bound to happen. NYSC itself needs to be reviewed.

On Monday, November 28 2016, reports of a female corps member who died at the Kano Orientation camp filled the internet.

View attachment 103221

Ifedolapo Oladepo, a Transport Management graduate of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology reportedly fell sick and died at the camp.

According to Facebook post, ‘the girl died in Kano camp today due to negligence. They assumed she was pretending to be sick in order to dodge parade, so they refused to treat her until the situation got complicated.’

However, Ojo Itunuoluwa, a friend close to the deceased and her family who Spoke exclusively to Nigerian Bulletin revealed the remote and immediate causes of Ifedolapo’s death.

“She left Osogbo on Thursday and I tracked her till she reached Kano and headed for the camp. On Sunday, she told me that she was stressed out due to the journey and I warned her to find time to rest.

“The following morning (Friday), she told me she had entered camp. On Monday, I tried her number to know what’s happening on camp and for her to share me more pictures but the she was not available. I began to grow suspicious when it continued for a long time and later on, another friend called me to tell me she was dead," she narrated.

Itunuoluwa who said Ifedolapo neither showed any sign of illness nor had any peculiar ailment before leaving Osogbo said that apart from being stressed from journey, her friend was given a wrong injection which led to her death.

“Her sister is a nurse and she followed them to Kano to retrieve her body. We learnt that when my friend fell sick, she was taken to the camp clinic and immediately they started giving her injection.

“After this, she started developing rashes and in few hours’ time, she died. I believe it’s not only stress that killed my friend, their negligence also did."

Itunuoluwa also informed Nigerian Bulletin that Ifedolapo will be interred at her family residence in Osogbo today.
This is sad, may her soul rest in perfect peace

Back