Metro Husband Seeks Dissolution of Marriage over Wife's Alleged Rugged Lifestyle

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Dauda Akanbi, a 49-year-old man on Tuesday urged an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve his four-year-old marriage to Toibat, citing his wife’s rugged lifestyle as reason for the dissolution.

Dauda, who lives at Osere Area in Ilorin, told the court that Toibat was living "a rough and rugged life" which had adversely affected their marriage.

He said that his wife kept bad company and did not care for her family.

"My wife does not care about her family instead she goes around with her wayward friends attending parties and drinking beer", he said,

The petitioner said that she was fond of returning home late at night not minding the consequences.

"My lord, I want an end to this marriage because I’m fed up with her rough lifestyle since she was not ready to change,” he said.

Dauda told the court that the marriage had produced a child, Rukayat.

Toibat, however, opposed the application, saying that she was still interested in the marriage.

"I promise to change and make my family my number one priority as well as de-associate myself from bad friends,” she said.

She applied for adjournment to enable her to make reconciliatory efforts and make necessary amendments in her lifestyle. The presiding judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to April 10 for report of settlement or continuation of hearing.

crazy housewife.jpg

Back