Metro I’ll Support a Fulani Herdsman Carrying Out His Business Lawfully - Fayose

kemi

Social Member
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Sunday said he would support Fulani herdsmen against his people, if they are attacked while lawfully rearing their cattle in the state.

fulani herdsman.jpg

Fayose, who made the declaration noted that he has no resentment for Fulani herdsmen but only want herdsmen to carryout their activities within the armbit of the law.

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governors Forum, who took to his twitter handle wrote: “If an Ekiti man attacks a Fulani herdsman carrying out his business lawfully in my State, I will stand in support of the Fulani herdsman.

“I do not hate the Fulanis or anyone, my position is; if you must engage in Cattle Farming, do it within the ambit of d laws. Get a ranch.

“One of the Fulani herdsmen whose cows destroyed farmlands in Ekiti was jailed yesterday! That to me will serve as deterrent to others.

“We cannot be telling our people to embrace farming while we look the other way when farmlands worth billions of naira are destroyed by cows.

“Some States have emulated us by making anti-grazing laws, they should go further by enforcing the laws as we are doing here in Ekiti.

“Like I have maintained, a cattle farmer is a businessman like others. A fish farmer builds ponds, why can’t cattle farmer build ranch?”

Back