Politics I’m Not Bothered About My Sacking – Taraba Gov

P

ProfRem

The Governor of Taraba State, Mr. Dairus Ishaku, said he was not bothered with his removal from office by the State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal.

His election was voided last Saturday by the election tribunal.

The tribunal ordered that the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Aisha Al-Hassan, be inaugurated as the governor.

But the governor said he was not disturbed by the tribunal’s judgment.

ishaku.jpeg

Ishaku, who was at the Peoples Democratic Party’s National Secretariat in Abuja, on Tuesday, where he briefed the party’s national leadership on the development, said he was confident that the judgment would be upturned at the Court of Appeal.

He said, “I am not shaking; God is on His throne. I will defend the mandate Taraba people gave to me. I have confidence in the judiciary but there is corruption in the judiciary just like in every profession, there are bad eggs.

“There are good drivers and there are bad drivers. It is unfortunate that this driver (of the tribunal) was a bad driver. That judgment was an accidental discharge.”

The governor expressed surprise that a tribunal, which held that he won the election could delve into a pre-election matter.

He said the judgment was a rude shock to the people of Taraba and he advised President Muhammadu Buhari to start his anti-corruption fight from tribunal judges if he wants to succeed in his war against corruption.

The governor told the party leadership that normalcy has returned to Wukari area of the state where there was violence, and charged the political class to ensure safety of lives of their supporters.

Source: PUNCH

Back