Politics I Am Personally Impressed By Magu's Performance But... - Shehu Sani

P

ProfRem

Shehu Sani, senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial district has said that he has been personally impressed by the performance of the acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

Ibrahim Magu’s confirmation as Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC was on Thursday rejected by the Nigerian Senate for indicting security reports.

But Mr. Sani on Friday said “Magu is doing a good job as the Boss of the EFCC. All that is needed is the rule of law and fundamental human rights elements which need to be strongly observed by the commission, rule of law remains the most potent weapon in the fight against corruption”.

sanishehu.jpe

“I remained respectfully bound by the majority position of the Senate on the issue, but wish to categorically and unambiguously state that I'm personally impressed with his performance”, he stated on his social media account.

He, however, called the attention of Nigerians to fabricated, concocted, mischievously assembled statement credited to him by those opposed to Mr. Magu's confirmation, trying to use his name to strengthen their position.

Did you see the dossier on Magu? Does it exists? If it does, do you think he should still be confirmed as EFCC chair?

Those are the questions you should be answering at this stage. His performance is not on the table, his integrity is!

Back