Sports I am responsible for Cristiano Ronaldo's injury - claims Ghanaian witch doctor

rsz_ronaldo_pic.jpg
With fears over the lingering injury of #CristianoRonaldo which could hamper his World Cup campaign,a Ghanaian witch doctor has claimed he is the mastermind behind the player's fitness concerns.

The Black Stars of #Ghana will be coming up against Portugal in one of its group games at the 2014 FIFA #WorldCup in Brazil.

Ronaldo has not been in action since his last game for Real Madrid on May 24th in the UEFA Champions League finals against Atletico Madrid.

Named Nana Kwaku Bonsam which translates as 'Devil of Wednesday', the witch doctor was said to have predicted in February that Ronaldo would be forced to miss the World Cup through an injury.

Speaking with a Kumasi-based radio station Angel FM in Ghana, he is reported as saying: "I know what Cristiano Ronaldo’s injury is about, I’m working on him."

"I am very serious about it. Last week, I went around looking for four dogs and I got them to be used in manufacturing a special spirit called Kahwiri Kapam."

"I said it four months ago that I will work on Cristiano Ronaldo seriously and rule him out of the World up or at least prevent him from playing against Ghana and the best thing I can do is to keep him out though injury."

"This injury can never be cured by any medic, they can never see what is causing the injury because it is spiritual. Today, it is his knee, tomorrow it is his thigh, next day it is something else."

Ghana's last group game will be against Portugal on June 26 at the Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasília.

But seriously, should any radio station run such interview? However, is it true these oyinbo docs haven't found a solution to CR7's injury?

Well I think the witch doctor is just seeking cheap popularity. That is what can be deduced from this. Until the World Cup commences and Ronaldo does not get to play,then we can start taking notice of the efficiency of his craft.

Back