Entertainment 'I didn't Quit Acting Because of My Marriage' - Dakore Akande

Williamz

Nollywood actress, Dakore Akande, has revealed that her non-appearance in the movie industry is not due to her marriage, as rumoured by many people, according to Daily Post report.

Dakore, who is married to Olumide, son of Ibadan-born billionaire, Chief Harry Akande, said she married for love and her marriage has not stopped her from following her passion in Nollywood.

"How could anyone think i would quit my job because i got married? They said this because i married into a wealthy family, but i still have my purpose and goals that i want to achieve," she said.

Dakore also denied rumours that she cut her trade mark dreadlocks because she got married.

“I made up my mind that I wanted to wear dreadlocks, and when I was tired of it, I decided to cut it. My husband did not want me to cut my hair; he wanted our children to meet me with the hair. I dance to the beat of my own drum and my path is different from every other person’s. I have my own mind; if I let people shape my opinions of myself, I will not be authentic to myself,” she said according to Daily Post report.

Attachments

• 1420379270213.jpg
    1420379270213.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
Back