Metro "I have lost my Authority as the head of the House" Father of 6 Seeks end to Marriage of 39 Years

L

LequteMan

An Ake Customary Court in Abeokuta on Thursday dissolved a 39-year-old marriage between Abdulrahman Oseni and Mrs Tayo over stubbornness and provocation.

Oseni had told the court that the union was blessed with six children, aged 38, 36, 33, 31, 29 and 27, respectively.

The plaintiff said he sought for the dissolution on grounds of his wife's stubbornness, frequent fighting, provocation, trouble making and threat to life.

He said that his wife had not been submissive and had a domineering attitude in the house, claiming that she also threatened to harm him.

``I have lost my authority as the head of the house because my wife would always take laws into her hand.

``She is so rude, stubborn and wicked; sometimes we stay at home without talking to each other for days.

``Even one of our sons who is married is living in my house with his family.

``I can't send my son's wife any message, anytime I do that, my wife would start shouting that I am sleeping with my son's wife.

``Please dissolve us to avoid bloodshed, I am totally fed up," Oseni prayed the court.

However, Tayo confirmed all what Oseni said about her.

Tayo told the court that she was in agreement with the dissolution of the union.

``All I just want is that the court should help me appeal to my husband not to harm me or do anything bad to me in future," she said.

Replying her, the plaintiff agreed not to harm or hurt her, saying that she is the mother of his children.

The court president, Mr Olalekan Akande, dissolved the union and asked both parties to go their separate ways.

cheap-divorce-lawyers.jpg

Back