Metro "I Want my Wayward Son Jailed so he Could Learn Some Lessons" - Mother tells Court

L

LequteMan

A 32-year-old factory worker, Ifeanyi Chukwu, who allegedly beat and threatened to kill his mother, on Thursday appeared before an Abule Egba Magistrates' Court.

The accused, who lives with his mother at 15, Adeniji St., Oko-Oba, Agege, a suburb of Lagos, is facing a three-count charge of assault, threatening by violence and causing damage.

The prosecutor, Insp. Racheal Williams, told the court that the offences were committed on June 15 at their residence.

She said he also beat his mum whenever she rebuked him for coming home late drunk.

Williams told the court that the accused also threatened to kill his mother and his sisters.

``A fight ensued between them and after beating his mother, the accused damaged four windows and a wooden door, valued at N25,000," she said.

The prosecutor said the offences contravened Sections 56, 170 and 349 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The mother, Mrs Helen Chukwu, said her son was not responsible, adding, ``he smokes and always gets drunk whenever he is coming home.

``Anytime I rebuke him or try to advise him, he turns it to a fight, beats me and threatened to kill me.

``I want him to go to Kirikiri Prison to learn a lesson so that when he returns, he would have been reformed," she said.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

download (77).jpg

Back