Sports I Want To Break My Records In China- Blessing Okagbare

Okagbare1.jpg

Africa's fastest woman, Blessing Okagbare, has revealed that she wants to set a new world record at the 2015 IAAF World Athletics Championships in China.

The 15th World Championships has been scheduled to hold in Beijing National Stadium, Beijing, China, between August 22 and 29.

Okagbare, whose performance at the Diamond Leagues won her a spot at the world event said she wants to break her present records at the competition.

“I’d like to break the 10.7 seconds mark for the 100 metres and the 22.8 seconds mark for the 200 metres, and I want to jump further than 7.3 meters in the long jump,” she told Nike.com.

“I have goals written up and posted around my room. I write them as soon as I wake, when I’m feeling fresh.”

To achieve the goals, the 2014 Commonwealth 100m gold medallist said she had begun working harder at her training regimen.

She said, “I have started training for both (sprints and jump). I train for both on the same day. For the jump, I practice techniques and afterwards I once switch to the sprints, focusing on my speed work, especially my starts, which is what I battle with.”

“I start at 6am every morning in the gym before I run; you get muscles from explosive training. The power of my runs comes from doing weight training and the speed comes from track running,” she added.

Back