Politics I Want To See Sustainable, Reliable Electricity Fulfilled Before I Die – Fashola

P

ProfRem

Babatunde Fashola, minister of power says he wants to witness the fulfillment of the Nigerian promise before he dies, and this thought keeps him awake.

Fashola lamented that Nigeria is currently bedeviled by a number of challenges, but he vowed to do his best in tackling them.

“I’m a thinking person and I’m always looking for solutions to solutions. When I’ve found one solution, I’m not always convinced that it’s the best solution, so even when I’m implementing it, I’m looking for ways to make it better,” he told Channels Television in an interview aired on Monday.

fasholapowert.jpg

“Generally, the promise of this country keeps me awake. I know that it is a country of so much promise; I want to see some of those promises before I die. I want to see sustainable, reliable electricity; I want to see more people get access to electricity.

He traced that the challenges in the power sector to 1950 when the first electricity ordinance was passed.

“We’ve been trying to generate sustainable energy for 66 years and I’ve spent about 7 months. I have learnt a lot to convince me that the problems can be solved,” Fashola added.

Back