Politics If Niger Delta Gets Resource Control,I'll Tell Jonathan Not To Run For Presidency Again-Aniko-Briggs

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Ms Annkio Briggs, a prominent Niger Deltan and a delegate at the ongoing National Conference says if the Niger Delta gets resource control she would urge President Goodluck Jonathan not to seek re-election.

In an interview with Daily Trust where she spoke on resource control, insecurity and other issues, Briggs is quoted saying, "Let me tell you this, if tomorrow, as a Niger Delta person, we have resource ownership, for the Niger Delta oil and gas and we have federalism, I want to tell you that I will be among the first person to tell Jonathan don’t run for the president.

"It is the presidency that everybody is fighting for today; people are being killed every day in Nigeria mercilessly to stop Jonathan from running in 2015. He has been told since 2011 not to try it, he tried it, he has been told not to in 2015. So, all the fiasco we are having in this country is to stop Jonathan. That’s it. If we get resource ownership, I want to tell you that I will be the first person to tell Jonathan not to run. He should come back home, because there is nothing anymore as far as we are concerned. I believe the president when he said that he has no personal interest".

Read full interview from Daily Trust

Annkio Briggs.jpg

#dailytrust #AnnkioBriggs #nigerdelta #resourcecontrol

Back