World Indian teenager commits suicide after parents ban her from Facebook-news.com.au

A

abujagirl

A 17-year-old Indian girl has committed suicide after her parents banned her from accessing her own Facebook page.

Aishwarya Dahiwal, 17, was found hanged in her bedroom in the western city Indian city of Parbhani after an argument with her parents over the excessive amount of time she spent on Facebook, as well as her long conversations on her mobile phone, reports Gawker.

She left a suicide note saying she couldn't live without the social networking site and blamed her parents for her actions.

"Is Facebook so bad?" she wrote. "I cannot stay in a home with such restrictions as I can't live without Facebook.

SOURCE: news.com.au

Read more at http://www.news.com.au/world/indian...er-from-facebook/story-fndir2ev-1226747752579

upload_2013-10-27_9-2-14.png

Ah, well. I'll be damned. I'm not even saying don't kill yourself, but for Facebook? What happened to Twitter? If she had killed herself because her parents banned her from using a website like Twitter, I believe I may have been able to empathize.

Now, I just shake my head in disgust. What is so special about being "poked" and receiving scam messages in your inbox that would make you want to kill yourself?

Am I saying Facebook is filth? Yes. This is a public message to all teenagers out there: If you must kill yourself, go with a bang - use special effects, if you must. Don't die over Facebook for God's sake.

I am not asking anyone to die, though, but if you really have to, don't let it be because of Facebook for God's sake!

Back