Politics James Faleke Set To Appeal Kogi Tribunal Ruling

P

ProfRem

James Faleke, the running mate to the late All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial aspirant, Abubakar Audu i the last Kogi election, has said he will appeal the ruling of the Kogi state tribunal.

Faleke said although he would have to consult with his lawyers, he will be appealing Justice Halima Mohammed’s ruling.

Faleke said:” I watched the verdict of the tribunal on TV, one thing I can say is that, the judge’s have delivered their own judgement, I will consult my lawyers, upon which I am very certain that we will appeal the judgment.”

FalekeBello.jpg

“I am not a lwayer but I can say that it (the judgment) is not in tune with our constitution,” Faleke said.

He said the court is wrong to have ruled that he had no locus standi in the case.
A Federal Capital Territory Court on Monday, June 6, ruled dismissed an application by Faleke challenging APC’s nomination of Yahaya Bello as governor of Kogi state.

The party following the death of it former flag bearer for the state, Abubakar Audu had asked Faleke to stand in as a running mate to Bello.

Back