Metro Jide Macaulay - "To be a homosexual is honourable, a gift from God''

A

abujagirl

Jide Macaulay, a gay Theologian and the Founder and Project Director of House Of Rainbow, has written on homosexuality.

Jide Macaulay.jpg

In a post on his official page, the theologian wrote, "To be a homosexual is honourable, a gift from God. It is who I am. God makes no mistakes. Knowing the truth as a gay christian is liberating and gives me the most joy of my freedom.

I have paid the price for lying to be heterosexual. Pretending to be who you are will only harm you. EVERYONE was hurt, my father, mother, wife, son, my siblings, in-laws, friends and relatives etc.
I was FORCED to lie. I justified these lies with religion, culture, tradition and law. I lied to myself for all of my adolescence, I lied to my family and friends. Because I didn't know any better.

I lied to my ex-wife because I was afraid of telling the truth.

I lied in my prayers asking God to cure me of homosexuality instead of helping me to come to terms.
My religious belief and dogma nearly killed me. I wrongly married a woman and badly hurt everyone.
I suffered emotional and psychological breakdown and through it all I survived. - Reverend Jide Macaulay"

What is all this yama yama sef?

Can he quote a line of Scripture to substantiate his claims?

To go to jail is a beautiful thing and lesson to come :(
That's his thoughts on his sexual preference... Just like I can say: 'To be married is honorable' Putting him behind bars is unfair and abuse of his freedom. And I'm aware of Nigerian legislation anyways...

That's his thoughts on his sexual preference... Just like I can say: 'To be married is honorable' Putting him behind bars is unfair and abuse of his freedom. And I'm aware of Nigerian legislation anyways...

Is Homosexual a gift from God?

To go to jail is a beautiful thing and lesson to come :(
We have not locked up people responsible for the deaths of Nigerians by destroying education, health care and other opportunities.

Isn't it ironic that we queue up for hours to get VISA to countries that do not lock adults in jail for these choices?

Our politicians go to the countries for medical care and no doubt are treated by people of different sexual orientation.

This is not the fight of our time but a convinient distraction.

We have not locked up people responsible for the deaths of Nigerians by destroying education, health care and other opportunities.

Isn't it ironic that we queue up for hours to get VISA to countries that do not lock adults in jail for these choices?

Our politicians go to the countries for medical care and no doubt are treated by people of different sexual orientation.

This is not the fight of our time but a convinient distraction.
Best!

We love to major on the minors. Why worry about what 2 consenting adults do behind closed doors?

I think being gay is a gift from God. But, our culture doesn't understand that. Need I say that our culture has in some ways been responsible for marginalization and isolation - which divides a society.

I wrote on this subject some time ago here: http://www.yourcommonwealth.org/editors-pick/african-governments-can-you-just-let-gays-live/
Nope Being Gay is not a gift from God- anytime the Bible talks about Marriage is between Male and Female. there are several instances the Bible condemns homosexuality, Adultery, and all other sins. However, this doesnt mean I support the 14years jail term and making a big deal out of it. I am all for doing anything that makes you happy:)

Nope Being Gay is not a gift from God- anytime the Bible talks about Marriage is between Male and Female. there are several instances the Bible condemns homosexuality, Adultery, and all other sins. However, this doesnt mean I support the 14years jail term and making a big deal out of it. I am all for doing anything that makes you happy:)
What is a gift? Lists of all gifts from God?

Being gay is a gift from God? :D :D :D What will somebody not read on the internet?
How can God give you a gift and warn you in both of his old and new testaments not to use the gift?

@Oluogunjobi, your God needs Jesus ;)

Being gay is a gift from God? :D :D :D What will somebody not read on the internet?
How can God give you a gift and warn you in both of his old and new testaments not to use the gift?

@Oluogunjobi, your God needs Jesus ;)
@Samguine Do you agree to love is a gift from God? If so, does it matter who we love (and have affection for)? And I'm not gay. :)

Back