Sports John Terry Announces Painful Exit From Chelsea

L

LequteMan

Chelsea captain John Terry will be leaving the London club at the end of the current season.

Terry has spent more than two decades at Chelsea and he is their most decorated individual, with four Premier League titles, one Champions League, five FA Cups, a Europa League and three League Cups.

He has made 713 Chelsea appearances since his 1998 debut - 578 as captain. He joined as a 14-year-old and has scored 66 goals in total.

"I feel I still have plenty to offer on the pitch but understand that opportunities here at Chelsea will be limited for me," he said.

John Terry has made just four Premier League starts this season.

"I will, of course, always be a Blue and am desperate to end my final season as a Chelsea player with more silverware," said Terry, whose team have a four-point lead at the top of the Premier League table.

"I've always been conscious that I depart at the right time, in the right way, and I feel that the end of this season is the right time for the club and I."

"I'm eager to carry on playing and so will be looking to continue with a new challenge," Terry added.

"Words cannot describe the love I have for our football club and our amazing Chelsea fans. You mean the world to me and I will never forget the incredible journey we've been on."

Attachments

• john terry1.jpg
    john terry1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 11
Back