Sports Jurgen Klopp insists leaving Dortmund has nothing to do with dressing-room problems

klopp-borussia-dortmund.jpg

Jurgen Klopp has has insisted that his decision to leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season has nothing to do with dressing-room disharmony.

The 47 year-old gaffer had announced earlier on Wednesday that he will be leaving the 2012 German bundesliga champions this summer, with both parties having agreed to terminate a contract that should end in 2018.

Klopp revealed that after losing 3-1 loss at Borussia Monchengladbach last weekend, that he no longer felt as if he were the right man for the job.

However, the Stuttgart native, who led BVB to back-to-back Bundesliga titles in 2011 and 2012, insists that there has been no falling-out with any of his players.

"It might have looked like I had problems with the team last week, but this has nothing to do with that," Klopp stated on Wednesday.

"There has been no division or tear between myself and the team. I had no problems with any of the players."

However, Klopp, who is already being heavily linked with Manchester City and Barcelona, admitted that he had not spoken to his troops before his summer exit was publicly announced by the club.

"I had no time to inform the team yet," he added. "I will talk to them in a bit."

Dortmund currently sit 10th in the Bundesliga standings, 18 points outside the Champions League qualification places and a staggering 37 points adrift of table-toppers Bayern Munich. Goal

Back