Politics Kano Lawmaker, Suleiman, Supports Ejection Of Igbos From The North

P

ProfRem

House of Representatives member, Hon. Aminu Suleiman from Kano State has supported the call by the Coalition of Northern Youths that all the Igbo should vacate northern Nigeria before October.

Hon. Suleiman, who chairs the House Committee on Tertiary Education, said people from eastern part of the country could not hold Nigeria to ransom through their secession threats and other activities.

Hon Aminu.JPG

“I have read the statement of the Northern Youths Coalition. I may not completely say I share their vision 100 per cent; but they have found a supporter in me, because the people of eastern Nigeria have taken this country to ransom.

“They have been causing serious problems to this country; they caused the civil war, which brought backwardness in this country. They have been using provocation to attract more attention than other parts of the country,” he said.

The lawmaker also condemned some northern elite, especially the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, for ordering the arrest of the northern youths.

This man is short sighted. No wonder illiteracy is on the increase in Nigeria. As chairman cmt of tertiary education you spread ignorance. You do not know what is holding Nigeria in ransom. It is northern illiteracy.

Back