Entertainment Kemi Olunloyo Talks About Undergoing Female Genital Mutilation,Her Sex Life

A

abujagirl

Kemi Olunloyo in an interview with IBTimes revealed that she is a victim of Female Genital Mutilation.

Kemi Olunloyo.jpg

She also spoke on how FGM has affected her sex life. Olunloyo said she was made to undergo the process when she was just 5-years old. According to her, a family member took her and her sister to meet a man who placed them on his lap and “then cut part of our vagina and clitoral area off.”

“There was no anaesthetic and a sharp razor blade was used. I remember my sister and I screaming afterwards. We went home bleeding in diapers and, for a week, it was like we were little girls with menstrual periods,” Olunloyo continues, adding,

“My mom was bathing us and diapering us. Deep down, mom was not happy for some reason.” Olunloyo says she resented her mother for many years because of that experience, but in 2012, her mum “burst into tears telling me that our late paternal grandmother ordered my dad to have us do it.”

“This tradition is over 70-years-old. Our grandmother was a traditional Muslim woman who dictated many rules to her young son, my dad,” she continues.

“Calling it an operation is nothing. It was a cultural barbaric act used to decrease the female libido. It caused me post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for life.”

“I don’t experience orgasm during sex and when I tried to promote the use of sex toys among Nigerian women, men started attacking me saying I was discouraging African women ‘from the real thing‘”

“Sex is not important. I have no libido or urge to have sex and I’ve been celibate for 10 years. Millions of women in Nigeria go through this, but they cannot talk or be outspoken like me. It is shameful and a disgrace to them,” she adds.

Back