Metro Kidnapped Chibok Schoolgirls Beg for Freedom in New Video

L

LequteMan

A heartbreaking new video of the #Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by the Boko Haram sect not released publicly but seen by The Mail on Sunday, shows them bravely speaking out about their ordeal for the first time.

The girls in the video look healthy, but it is understood that fraught negotiations are under way to broker the release several pupils who have fallen ill, including one with a broken wrist.

In the video, eight girls, dressed in their home-made school uniforms of pale blue gingham, plead for release as they stand courageously in front of the camera. They are clearly scared, upset and trying to be brave.

Each of them walks in turn to a spot in front of a white sheet fixed to a crude frame between the trees.

Four of them can be heard clearly, in their Hausa language, stating that they were taken by force and that they are hungry. A tall girl, aged about 18, says tearfully: ‘My family will be so worried.’

Another, speaking softly, says: ‘I never expected to suffer like this in my life.’ A third says: ‘They have taken us away by force.’ The fourth girl complains: ‘We are not getting enough food.’

The video, taken by an intermediary on May 19, has reportedly been shown to President Goodluck Jonathan.

It was intended to serve as ‘proof of life’ for the girls and to encourage the President to accede to the terrorists’ demands.

Read full story here

#TheMail #BokoHaram #Bringbackourgirls

Attachments

• BringBackOurGirls6.jpg
    BringBackOurGirls6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 30
Back