Business Konga Nigeria Lays Off 80 Workers in Restructure Exercise

L

LequteMan

Leading Nigerian ecommerce site, Konga.com is laying off 80 workers out of the 800 in what it terms a restructure exercise, TechCabal says.

According to sources familiar with the situation, the layoffs will run across the whole organization. The company expects to reap operational efficiency and business effectiveness gains from the move.

“With this restructuring and by taking advantage of new innovations and upcoming retail opportunities in the market space, we are optimistic that we are on the path to grow an even healthier and more sustainable business, whilst delivering best in class service to our customers. The decision to restructure and realign our company’s focus to be more agile in the prevailing local economic conditions is not one that was taken lightly," a Konga representative said.

Konga will also offer severance packages to the 80 workers affected by the restructure, and will assist with connecting them to other opportunities that match their competences.

Attachments

• konga.jpg
    konga.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 27
Let us hope this is just a small breaking wave and not a tsunami [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=16]@Panel[/USERGROUP]

I know some people would start to blame Buhari @ese @Temitope :D
Konga is not Nigeria so I can't blame Buhari. Till now, I have never publicly blamed Buhari for anything, including for the missing budget. I only hate it when people trade the whole blame game of political or system failures to the immediate past administration. This current administration need to step up its game and stop dwelling on the past.

Konga is not Nigeria so I can't blame Buhari. Till now, I have never publicly blamed Buhari for anything, including for the missing budget. I only hate it when people trade the whole blame game of political or system failures to the immediate past administration. This current administration need to step up its game and stop dwelling on the past.
Great post.

Back