Politics ''Kwankwaso Embezzled my Campaign Funds in 2011" -President Jonathan tells Kano Supporters

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

According to DAILY POST, President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday accused the Kano state governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso of embezzling allowances meant for Kano delegates during the 2011 PDP presidential primary and refused to vote for him.

The President's speech is seen as a reply of a Sunday speech by Kwankwaso, in which the governor said, "I regret voting President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011, as he has done nothing to move the nation forward".

Addressing PDP supporters during a rally in Kano, the President said, "I read in the paper that the Governor of Kano state said he regretted voting for me. Let me tell my good people of Kano that Kwankwaso did not vote for me and the Vice President. “We accommodate a lot because we know so much but we talk less.

"When it was clear at Eagles square that I will emerge as the candidate, Kwankwaso left the venue. If Kwankwaso had voted for me, he would have stayed to celebrate with me with the other governors.

"The little money that my campaign office provided, Kwakwanso refused to give to the delegates. Even for the main election, the little money my campaign office sent to Kano state to facilitate the movement of people, Kwankwaso refused to give the money to anybody".

"How can Kwankwaso tell people that he voted for me?", the President queried.

See Pictures from the Kano Rally below:

kano 4.jpg

kano 1.jpg

kano 2.jpg

kano 3.jpg

Back