Metro Lagos: How My Friend Prints Fake Naira Notes - Suspect Confesses

P

ProfRem

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP, Fatai Owoseni, has confirmed the arrest of two siblings, Hope and Ifeanyi Ihesiaba who were arrested for printing fake naira notes.

The CP said investigation is currently ongoing.

The brothers were arrested on Oluwakemi Street, in the Ojodu Abiodun area of the state.

Owoseni said about 80 pieces of fake N1, 000 notes amounting to N80, 000; two laptops; a sledge hammer and a cutlass were recovered from the suspects’ house after a search was conducted before their arrest.

naira.jpe

Meanwhile, Hope denied producing fake Naira notes, saying it was his friend, Odiyi, in Aba, Abia State who was involved in such illicit act.

“I do not produce fake naira notes. I have an Igbo friend who does that. His name is Odiyi, and he sells in a market in Aba.

“I gave him N28, 000 real money and he gave me the N80, 000 fake naira notes. I knew the money was fake; but I did it to help myself.

“I gave my brother part of the money. He in turn gave some to two of his friends. I am not married. I just needed money and I was tempted to collect the notes,” the 33-year-old suspect added.

Following his confession, the police had reportedly launched a manhunt for Odiyi, the Aba trader.

Back