Metro Lagos: Pregnant Woman, Baby Die During Surgery By Fake Doctor

kemi

Social Member
A 32-year-old man, Nonlonfun Celestine, a Junior Secondary School dropout, is now in police net in Lagos for allegedly parading himself as a medical doctor.

FAKE DOCTOR LAGOS.png

The suspect admitted he was operating with a fake medical certificate. Celestine, according to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, conducted surgery on a pregnant woman which resulted in the woman’s death.

The suspect was said to have been running a clinic, “Be well in third millennium clinic and maternity home,” at Tomaru area of Liverpool in Apapa where he had been posing as a medical doctor and rendering various medical services since 2005.

The father of two, however, got himself into trouble when he conducted a surgery on a pregnant woman who died alongside her baby. The family of the deceased petitioned the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba to investigate the woman’s death. When police operatives stormed the clinic, it was discovered that the suspect, who hails from Badagry in Lagos State, had been running the clinic with fake certificates.

Celestine said he was enrolled in an auxiliary nursing school in Benin Republic before returning to Nigeria. He said: “I am from Lagos State but my mother is from Benin Republic.

I lived with my mother for over 18 years in Benin Republic and it was there I graduated with a certificate of nursing and returned to join my father in Nigeria in 2004.

I started selling drugs at Badagry but later moved to Tomaru in Apapa area where I started a clinic and taking care of the sick’s within the community.”

He said the surgery with the woman went normally bu he was suprised to see policemen at his hospital days after.

Source: New Telgraph

Back