Politics Lai Mohammed: Blame Jonathan For Fuel Scarcity

P

ProfRem

Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, has declared that Nigerians were now paying for the sins of the past government.

He said the Jonathan government owed oil marketers ‎huge debts in oil subsidy payments, such that they have stopped importing the product in the last couple of months, hence the biting scarcity.

Asked by State House correspondents to explain the scarcity to the nation, Lai said: “What I will be telling Nigerians is that what we met on ground is such that we are paying for the sins of the last administration”.

“I am being very serious. You remember that about two weeks ago, we had to go to the National Assembly for a supplementary budget of N674 billion. Of that figure, N522billion was for arrears of fuel subsidy which was incurred as far back as August last year”.

“One of the reasons for the fuel scarcity was the inability of the last government to make adequate provision for fuel subsidy”.

“We do face some other logistic problems but majorly, we are paying for the sins of the last administration”.

Enough of your blame game!Focus and stop blaming the government that is no longer in charge.

Always the same old song Jonathan, Jonathan. If you guys can't handle the situation step down.

“One of the reasons for the fuel scarcity was the inability of the last government to make adequate provision for fuel subsidy''

@ese @PatrickGilbert Don't attack the man. He gave a reason hwy he said so.

Why didn't the previous government make provisions for the fuel subsidy? That is what I think we should be discussing now.

Previous government was voted out because APC promised a change.

Why should we always go back to the previous government we rejected.

We should hold Buhari accountable and stop always going back to the government we voted out.

@ese @PatrickGilbert Don't attack the man. He gave a reason hwy he said so.

Why didn't the previous government make provisions for the fuel subsidy? That is what I think we should be discussing now.
The same Lai Mohammed said the improvement in power is the ‘body language’ of Buhari. He also said the improvement is as a result of the kind of integrity that President Buhari has brought to leadership.” Why cant the “integrity” affect fuel?
Abeg Samson, take several seats and tell the truth somtimes

Back