Politics Let's Return to a Regional System of Govt; The Presidential System is Wasteful - Anyaoku

Vunderkind

Social Member
Former Secretary – General of Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, yesterday described the presidential system being operated in Nigeria as wasteful and called for a return to regional system of government where the country would be ran along six geo – political zones.

Chief Anyaoku who spoke in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, at the fourth edition of Emeka Anyaoku Lecture series on “Good Governance” argued that the presidential system would not allow for genuine growth, healthy competition, development and peace of the constituent parts.

According to him, “I am worried and continued to be worried about Nigeria especially with the election coming in 2015. I agree with people urging our young ones to go out, register and vote to bring about the change we need but I must confess that the present structure of governance in this country is not one that will make for peace and stability of this country.

Click here to read more

Source: Vanguard

Attachments

• anyaoku300.jpg
    anyaoku300.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 21
Back