Sports Lewis Hamilton playing down talks of winning Formula One title

Despite winning the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday Lewis Hamilton is not getting carried away about the prospects of winning the Formula One title this year.

Hamilton staged a memorable race to win last night and has now overtaken Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg on the table.

"I'm not really thinking about it. I feel like I'm still hunting, still catching up," Hamilton said.

"I'm not sitting here thinking I'm relieved because all year I've had that gap and I've had to be catching it up and then it's gone again. I know what could happen," he added.

Hamilton is now three points ahead of Rosberg on the log with five races to go,and he is the overwhelming favourite to win this year's championship.

Rosberg retired in lap 14 of the race,after having electronics issue.
"I just feel relaxed at the moment. I came here to do a job and we managed to get through the weekend without any issues on our side of the garage, which was a real blessing.

"I came here thinking 'Nico's going to be quick and consistent; if I can get at least those seven points [the difference between first and second place] and keep chipping away... but getting 25 has changed things a little bit.

Hamilton.jpg

Back