World Like Adolf Hitler, I Would Be Happy To Slaughter 3 Million Drug Addicts - Rodrigo Duterte

P

PressRoom

Controversial for his outrageous and divisive comments, Philippines President, Rodrigo Duterte on Friday likened himself to the Nazi leader, saying he wants to kill millions of drug addicts, just as Hitler killed Jews during the Holocaust.

duterte.PNG

Duterte, in a press conference in his hometown of Davao city said: "Hitler massacred three million Jews. Now there is three million, what is it, three million drug addicts (in the Philippines), there are,''

"I'd be happy to slaughter them. At least if Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have (me). You know my victims, I would like (them) to be all criminals, to finish the problem of my country and save the next generation from perdition.''

Duterte has spent his first three months in office running a campaign to kill all involved in the rampant drugs trade, including alleged addicts, causing outrage from rights groups and foreign governments.

More than 3,500 alleged drug dealers and addicts have been killed, about a third of them in police operations but the majority by armed vigilante militias. Duterte has publicly encouraged civilians to kill addicts and said he will not prosecute police for extrajudicial executions.

Back