Metro Linda Ikeji Battles Google and Bloggers Over Copyright Material

Vunderkind

Social Member
It is common knowledge that Linda Ikeji is often accused of copyright infringement, as many social commentators and bloggers have accused her of 'lazy content', stealing posts without giving credit to the original authors.

Recently we read that a social commentator on Twitter (@MrAyeDee) notified the public that Google had finally gotten round to responding to his complaints about Linda Ikeji using his content without compensating him or giving recognition to the original author.

Dare Lasisi observed that Linda Ikeji might have deleted some of her posts between yesterday and today.

Linda Ikeji, owner of one of the top ten most visited websites in Nigeria, is generally quiet about her income, but it is estimated at about $900,000 (N140m), revenue generated from ads and sponsored content.

For a while in Nigeria, 'news writing' has become muddled up in the unscrupulous endeavor of low-cost blogging which is basically recycling content across blogs from original sources.

Below are Tweets from Mr. Aye Dee:

1/8 Google just notified us that they are removing our copyrighted content from @lindaikeji’s website. CC @sugabelly @elnathan
— Mr. Aye Dee (@MrAyeDee) October 3, 2014

3/8 In accordance with our Copyright Complaint procedure, we have completed processing your infringement complaint regarding the following

5/8 We appreciate your patience as we work to remove all of the images from our servers. Please note that all cached versions should expire

ALL the stories and images @lindaikejitook from me without permission in the last few days have been removed from her site by google.

1/9 In fact, it seems Google yanked other copyrighted stories @LindaIkejistole. From the screencap my guys took before sending DCMA

2/9 complaints, and from what I see now, it seems 5 – 7 stories were yanked… For example the one about John Legend’s GF… Gone. The story

3/9 about an Ebola victim waking up, Gone… At this rate, the whole site might be gone by the end of the coming week.

Source: newswrita.com

linda1.jpg

Anyone who understands the nature of online content must realise this is really a bad one for Linda Ikeji but I do hope she can find a way around this. She's a source of inspiration to countless bloggers but I expect that she learns to do what is needful (for her own sake).

Anyone who understands the nature of online content must realise this is really a bad one for Linda Ikeji but I do hope she can find a way around this. She's a source of inspiration to countless bloggers but I expect that she learns to do what is needful (for her own sake).
She should be fine. She already has the audience.

@Samod Biobaku I don't agree the audience will stay with her all the way. The audience thrives on content ; if her hands gets too tied, most of that audience will move away. It's time for Linda to splash money on writers who actually write.

@Samod Biobaku I don't agree the audience will stay with her all the way. The audience thrives on content ; if her hands gets too tied, most of that audience will move away. It's time for Linda to splash money on writers who actually write.

I think she will be able to keep up. Others have and the difference is she has the traction.

Back