Politics LIST: 5 Powerful Things Buhari Said During Signing of Nigeria's 2016 Budget

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday signed the 2016 budget into law. Here are 5 powerful things he said during the signing ceremony:

buhari3.jpg

1. Living in State House does not in any way alienate me from your daily struggles. I read the newspapers and listen to the TV and radio news. I hear your cries. I share your pains.

2. We are experiencing probably the toughest economic times in the history of our Nation. I want to commend the sacrifice, resilience and toughness of all Nigerians young and old who have despite the hardships continued to have hope and confidence of a great future for Nigerians.

3. But permit me to say that this government is also like none other. We are absolutely committed to changing the structure of the Nigerian economy once and for all.

4. I can't promise that it will be an easy journey, but can assure this govt you have freely elected will work with honesty and dedication''.

5. I can assure you that this government you have freely elected will work with honesty and dedication, day and night to ensure that our country prospers and that the prosperity benefits all Nigerians.

Click here to read full text of his speech

Back