Sports Liverpool 1-0 Man City: Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp's Post Match Comments

L

LequteMan

Manchester City on Saturday were defeated by Liverpool at the Anfield stadium.

Wijnadium rose high to meet Lallana's cross early in the first half to slot the ball in the back of the net.

Both team had chances of scoring but the game ended 1 - 0 in favor of Liverpool.

Here are Pep Guardiola, Manchester City's boss' words after the match:

"We started really good. The first chance they have the score so it was always difficult. First half we didn't create much, second half we were a little better. It is what it is. There were not too many clear chances. In these kind of games the little details make the difference.

"We have to focus on the next game, not on the target or the Premier League, now is Burnley. Now we start the second road and see what can happen."

"It was an equal game. The goal made it difficult against a team who use the counter attack like a master. The second half was much better.

"We have to wake up for another game. We need to focus and work – we can’t think about the big goals."

Liverpool Manager, Jurgen Klopp said:

"The quality of Man City, the situation – when you invest so much in a game like this at the end you want to have it all. Thank God we got it because we play again on Monday.

"It was difficult. We couldn't create too many chances. We defended really well. It was a wonderful goal.

"We probably had the bigger chances. The second half our biggest problems were when we gave the ball away. I don’t know of any real chances or them."

"I know everyone talks about our defence. It’s not about avoiding goals – that’s the end product – it's about how we work together.

"I think we have the smallest number of shots on our goal in the league. Tonight the concentration level was outstanding.

"I don’t care about criticism of our defence. You always pick out things that aren't right but that's how goals are."

Attachments

• Jurgen-Klopp-Pep-Guardiola-486632.jpg
    Jurgen-Klopp-Pep-Guardiola-486632.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 27
Back