Sports Louis van Gaal Said He Was Disappointed United Lost To Bournemouth; Read His Reactions

Barely three days after crashing out of the UEFA champions league, Manchester United have once again been subjected to another defeat, but this time to a lowly Bournemouth, who have suddenly turned themselves to giant slayers.

Van Gaal(1).jpg

The Red Devils, who have been condemned to Thursday nights football at the Europa League fell 2-1 defeat to the newly promoted Bournemouth in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday, and the coach, Louis van Gaal has registered disappointment about his side's performance and he's hoping they will bounce back in their next game.

Louis van Gaal: “It is very disappointing because, in spite of the early goal, we came on very well in the match, scored an equaliser and we created more chances to score a second goal. We didn’t do that in the first half but we had the feeling in the players, the management and the staff that we could win this game. Then the set-play causes the second goal of Bournemouth and you cannot accept it as a player or a manager. But it has happened and then you know in, this kind of game, the club who scores the second goal is mostly the winner and they are also pressing the ball every time so it is also very difficult to come again in your game. That is how I have seen this game.”

“Yes, I have to say that in the second half, we played less but that is also I think the reason that we could not dominate the game because they always could have escaped through their striker Joshua King. That was a pity. They have created, in the second half, only chances out of set-plays and we have also created chances out of play on the pitch. Fellaini had a lot of chances but you have to score.”

“You have to try something and we were not the dominant team so you have to change something in the position of the players, so you hope that he contributes to the making of a goal and we have tried that."

“It is always the same, even when you win - you have to do the same things but, when you lose, then it is more difficult because every player is very disappointed. The silence in the dressing room was big. Of course I have already spoken but it takes a long time. We have to train, we have to prepare for Norwich City and we have to beat them. That is our aim and purpose but it is, of course, more difficult when you lose two times in a row. It is a very bad moment to lose. We have to put the heads up again and believe in ourselves because that is also very important. We have to prepare for this match in the same way as we always do.”

Back