Politics Magu Will Remain Your Nightmare For Years – El-Rufai Fires Senate [VIDEO]

P

PressRoom

Kaduna state governor, Nasir el-Rufai, has reaffirmed the position of President Buhari-led administration for embattled acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu to remain in office despite parliament kicks.

El-rufai said Magu will be head the anti-graft agency till the end of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

He said this on Thursday during the commissioning of the EFCC zonal office in the state.

He said that President Buhari himself gave assurances that as long as he is President, Magu will remain the EFCC chairman.

“Mr Chairman sir, a few weeks ago, I discussed the EFCC and your appointment with President Muhammadu Buhari, and he told me in no uncertain terms that he has every confidence in you, in the commission and the work that you do. And as long as he is President, you will remain the Chairman of the EFCC.

“Last night, I spoke with the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, who reconfirmed the position of the President, and told me that as long as he remains the Acting President or Vice President, Ibrahim Magu will be the Chairman of the EFCC.

“That is the only message from the President. So for those thinking that corruption is beginning to win this war, Magu will remain their nightmare for the next two years or six years as the case may be.”

The Senate rejected Magu based on a report by the Department of State Services (DSS) to the effect that he had received favours from some questionable characters.

VIDEO:

Attachments

• elru.jpe
    elru.jpe
    6.6 KB · Views: 7
Back