Sports Man City: Iheanacho Speaks About His Chances of Survival Under Pep Guardiola

L

LequteMan

Prolific Manchester City goalscorer, Kelechi Iheanacho, is confident about his chances of success under new coach Pep Guardiola.

Iheanacho currently boasts one of the best goal scoring ratio in Europe, netting 14 goals last season.

Speaking about the arrival of a new coach, Iheanacho says he's ready to take his chances.

“Everyone knows Pep and what he can do,” Iheanacho said. “I think he’s a great manager and I think he’ll bring many things to this team.

“I haven’t met him yet and haven’t spoken to him. I think we’ll meet him in training.

“It was a great season last season. I worked hard and did very well, but last season is the past and in the next season I need to work hard and I’ll get my chance

“I can play number nine, 10, seven and 11, so I don’t have any [concerns]. I can play different positions. Anywhere I can fit in, I will play.

“We have great players and we’ve made some great new signings, so I just need to work hard and I’ll get my chance to play.

“Everyone wants to start games and work hard. I need to work extra hard and I’ll get a chance. It’ll be a big season for me and for every player.

“I’m happy with what I did last season and now I have to work really hard this season to get something for the team and work for the team as well.”

Attachments

• iheanacho pep guardiola.jpg
    iheanacho pep guardiola.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 20
Back