World Man Parks €150,000 Porsche At Taxi Rank, Returns To Find Bonnet Blown Up

P

PressRoom

25-year old Olivier, a resident of Paris has in a hard way learnt proper parking rules after Police bomb squad officers blew off the bonnet of his €150,000 (£130,000) Porsche when he left it overnight at a taxi rank.

Olivier (as he was named by Le Parisien newspaper) went out for an evening of dancing in the chic sixth arrondissement of Paris last Thursday but got frustrated when he couldn’t find a parking spot for his powerful Porsche 911 Carrera S.

In September, police found a car with its hazard lights flashing near Notre Dame cathedral which contained gas canisters and which they believed was intended for use in a terror attack.

porshe.PNG

When the bomb disposal experts arrived at the black Porsche late morning last Friday, they were taking no chances. They attached a small amount of explosives to its bonnet and blew it open before ascertaining that there was no bomb in the vehicle.

Olivier arrived at the scene a short time later and was astounded - and furious - to find his sports car badly damaged.

"They (police) contacted the leasing agency I bought the car with, then called me, and I explained the situation,” he told Le Parisien, admitting that he shouldn’t have parked at a taxi rank.

“I apologised and said I would go there immediately. But obviously they didn't take this into account, because the bonnet was already blown up by the time I arrived," he said, adding that he was considering legal action against the police.

It is not the first time an unwitting motorist has had their vehicle blown up by a bomb squad.

Source:The Telegraph

Back