Metro Man Sleeps Off While Stealing Solar System After Taking Codeine And Indian Hemp

M

mrsam

A farmer, Mr Usman Jubril, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly vandalizing a solar energy system installed in Badagry, Lagos State.

The drunken suspect was apprehended by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps after he slept off at the scene of the crime. Jubril later confessed to the crime.

He, however, said he acted under the influence of alcohol. The father of two explained that he had gone to have fun on the premises of the school on September 2, after selling his goods.

''I bought three bottles of gin and went with them to the school to watch a football match. I drank everything and took 500ml tramadol. In drunken stupor, I threw a stone at the glass housing the solar system and it broke.

I went inside the facility and slept off. I smoke Indian hemp, but that was the first time I would take alcohol. It was the drink that affected my faculty. I didn’t even know how I got to their (NSCDC) custody.”

The NSCDC Commandant in Lagos State, Tajudeen Balogun, said men of the command had received several complaints about the vandalism of solar energy facilities in some public schools in the state.

arrest.jpg

Back