Sports MFM Coach Attributes His Side's Success To God And Hard Work

The coach of the newly Nigeria professional football league side, MFM FC, Fidelis Ilechukwu was full of praises for his side, following their impressive performance throughout the season.

He spoke to our man, Sam Paul in an interview and shared with him his future ambition if he remains the manager of the club.

How do you feel about your promotion to the NPFL?

"I will first of all thank God for everything, his care and the strength He gave us to come this far but one of the things that gave us this success is the relationship I have with my players, it brought out the best in them even when the situation was unpleasant."

What would you do to improve your team next season?

"As a coach, I would love to inject some strong players into the team due to the huge task ahead of us in the NPFL next season, so that we can play to stay in the topflight and not relegate."

"Well, what I will say is that football is a game, you win some, lose some and draw some and again, as a coach, I get so much success when I'm not working under pressure."

How would you describe your team with the previous squad?

"The difference isn't much, our team last season was better than this team that qualified us for the NPFL, we created a lot of chances but we failed to convert them. The difference this season is that we converted most of our chances, but I still maintain the fact that our team last season was stronger."

"Another thing is that last season, we had so much injured players but this season, our players were injury free."

"Yes, we did not qualify last season because we were unlucky, we had a lot of good players who have gone to top clubs both in the league and abroad, but what we did was inject players from the grass roots. We don't sign any big player from any club, that was why I said, we had a stronger team last season."

What are your plans for the coming season?

"I don't know my plans yet because the management have not told me I will lead the team next season, but until then, I don't have a plan. I don't know if I will be assisting someone, but what ever the case may be, I will contribute my quota and with the new injection into the team, we might likely get a continental ticket."

"The MFM fc management have been wonderful, they motivate the boys, pay their salaries as at when due, they are just perfect. I give kudos to them most especially, our chairman, Godwin Enakhena and the other pastors, they are doing everything to keep the boys going. For me, I believe in three keys of success in football which are rest, feeding and training sessions, with those three, you can get success and that's why we are where we are today."

The club have also revealed that they will play their NPFL games at their home ground in Agege.

MFM Fc.jpeg

Back