Politics Mimiko's Cabinet Members Defect to APC

L

LequteMan

Two cabinet members of the Ondo state government have defected to the All Progressive Congress, The Nation reports.

The state's Commissioner for Community Development and Cooperative Services Mrs Yetunde Adeyanju on Tuesday resigned her appointment and announced her defection. Giwa Rasheed, a special assistant to Governor Olusegun Mimiko, also resigned and defected to APC.

Following the defection Adeyanju said a great weight has been lifted off her shoulder as she's left a party where impunity reigns.

”In the last seven years, I have served in various executive capacities in the state. I started as executive chairman of Ondo State Waste Management Board, moved to head Ondo State Development Company Limited as executive chairman and finally, as commissioner in the Ministry of Community Development and Cooperative Services. Wherever I served, I discharged my duties with utmost dedication and unassailable integrity; notwithstanding the culture of greed, avarice and absolute disregard for the masses.”

“It is, therefore my great pleasure to renounce my membership of PDP and announce my membership of APC.”

Attachments

• Olusegun-Mimiko.jpg
    Olusegun-Mimiko.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
Back