Sports Mourinho Speaks: Chelsea on Top Because They're Not in the Champions League

L

LequteMan

Manchester United Manager, Jose Mourinho has claimed that Chelsea's lack of European football has worked to their advantage this season and that's why they are on top of the league.

He however insisted he was not trying to deflect credit away from Antonio Conte.

Manchester United play Chelsea on Monday for an FA Cup quarter-final tie.

"The most difficult thing to have is the time to work [on the training pitch] and they have time to work," Mourinho said.

"I know that he [Conte] said a couple of weeks ago that it's not his fault that they are not in the European competitions - it's my fault and the players' fault.

"But the reality is that he got a situation in his hands where they have time to work, time to rest, time to relax, time to disconnect, time to travel, time to have holidays, time to go and enjoy America for a couple of days, they have time for all of these things, so they are in a position of privilege, the same privilege that Liverpool had a couple of years ago when they almost won the Premier League.

"But I don't want to say that they don't deserve credit for it. I know what I did at Chelsea but I am the kind of guy that when I move I have no regrets and I am not looking for bad feelings at all."

Attachments

• jose mourinho squeeze mouht.jpg
    jose mourinho squeeze mouht.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 4
I am the kind of guy that when I move I have no regrets and I am not looking for bad feelings at all."

Apparently he has not really moved on

@Lequte, coman carry your coach. Giving excuses already

Back