Politics 'My Life after Serving as PDP Chairman'- Bamanga Tukur

A

abujagirl

Following his dramatic ouster as chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur relatively maintained a low profile. In this exclusive chat with Sunday Trust, however, Tukur, who now chairs the Nigerian Railway Corporation, breaks his silence and bares his mind on wide ranging issues, including the threat of insurgency in the country. Excerpts:

Since you left the PDP as chairman, you were hardly seen attending PDP functions. Were you keeping low profile because you were angry?
I was not angry. Since I left the PDP chairmanship, I still continue to be the rallying point for PDP in many ways. I have always been encouraging members of our party to support the building process. In my state, I still continue to keep members going. I can tell you that even those who left the PDP in Adamawa have now returned into the party. I am sure you are aware of the reception that the party members in Adamawa gave to me. I thanked them and asked them to continue and I told them that the errand they sent me on the leadership of PDP, I did it to my own satisfaction, because I pursued the interest of the party with doggedness and utmost sincerity.

Click here to read more

Source: Daily Trust

#dailytrust #pdp #tukur #adamawa #peoplesdemocraticparty

tukur.jpg

Back