Metro "My Wife is too Fetish"- Husband begs Court to End 5-year old Marriage

L

LequteMan

One Aminu Quadri on Monday told an Ilorin Area Court that his wife, Barakat, was fetish and diabolical.

The 38-year-old resident of Gambari Area of Ilorin prayed the court to dissolve his five- year- old marriage to Barakat.

``My wife is too diabolical and always believes in black magic as the only solution to every problem, ” he said.

Aminu told the court that his wife was fond of spraying black soap and red oil in the corner of their house, claiming it was for protection.

``My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because my wife has turned our bedroom to a shrine and I cannot tolerate this anymore, ” he said.

Aminu said that their marriage was contracted in 2009 and had produced one female child, Saidat.

The defendant, however, objected to the divorce sought by her husband, saying she was still interested in the marriage.

`` My husband knows my father is a herbalist and I am used to such sources of protection.

`` I wonder why he is now complaining,’’ she said.

Barakat pleaded with the court for an adjournment to enable her make a reconciliatory move, promising to desist from fetish practices for the sake of her marriage.

The presiding judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case till June 18 for a report of settlement or continuation of hearing.

Attachments

• download (77).jpg
    download (77).jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
Back