Nadal wins Cincinnati Open title

C

Chris Maduewesi

World number three tennis player,Rafael Nadal on Sunday made it two titles on the bounce after he won the Cincinnati Open,to follow up his triumph at the Roger’s cup in Montreal.
However Nadal needed two tie-breaks to defeat powerful hitting American,John Isner 7-6 (10-8) 7-6 (7-3) .
The Spaniard saved two set points with two forehand winners to level the match at 6-6 in the first set,before going on to win it in tie-break.
Both players keenly contested the tie-break,which was at 8-8 at some point before Isner committed an unforced error,volleying the ball into the net to give Nadal the set point .
“It’s very special for me to win here,” said Nadal.
“This one was the first one I felt I was actually playing well. Congratulations to John and I’m sorry for today, but I’m sure if you continue you will have a lot of chances to win tournaments like this.”
Nadal will go into the US Open tournament on the back of two ATP Masters’ win,looking to put in a good fight for the Grand Slam.
“I can certainly hold my head high when I look back at this tournament. I just played against one of the best tennis players in the world,” Isner said.

Continue reading...

Back