Metro NAFDAC ‎Bans Beans Importation

M

mrsam

THE Nigerian Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has on Thursday said it has placed a ban on the importation of beans in the country.

The Acting Director General of the Agency, Mrs. Yetunde Oni, said the ban is not for the ones produced in the country, but ‎on the ones that are imported.
beans.JPG

She said this in Minna during an Awareness/Sensitisation Workshop on Safe and Responsible use of Regulated Agricultural inputs for Stakeholders in the North Central Zone, adding that only beans screened by the Agency would be allowed into the country.

Ehhh! What will I use to complement my Dodo (plantain) now? Hope we will have locally produced beans in quantity.

Benue alone produces enough beans to go round. So @RemmyAlex and @Temitope, do not be scared...:) #BuyNaijatogrowTheNaira (I hope that isd the correct hashtag :D)

My concern isn't that we won't get beans to buy. My concern is that we still import beans. I was shocked to hear that. With the all the beans from Borno, Kaura, Sokoto, Plateau and other places.

Back