Politics New PDP Defection: APC Chieftain Vows not to Surrender His Political Future to Defectors

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Mr Dele Belgore (SAN), governorship candidate of the defunct ACN in the 2011 election in Kwara state and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday said he would never surrender his political future and that of his supporters to the advantage of the new entrants, including the PDP governors.

Addressing newsmen during a courtesy visit by his supporters, Belgore said , “We will not compromise the cause to liberate the people of Kwara.

“There was a lot of apprehension concerning the entry of G7 Governors and what it portends for APC members in Kwara and for the political terrain in Kwara generally.

“So, my first task was to inform. I have done this through a caucus but as you well know that even when you speak through a caucus, you have to speak directly to the people.

“The details were discussed in the caucus and they will now break out and go and talk to their people.

“My duty is to explain to them that there is a big plot, there is a main plot from the point of view of the national leadership and then there are various sub-plots which now look at the peculiarities of each particular step.

“And as you know that all politics is local, we are only concerned with that which affects us.

“We remain members of APC, we remain committed to APC and we remain together a formidable group within that party and that the situation is dynamic and we are reviewing it as we go along.

"We are in APC, nobody is going to push you out, I will not lead you to compromise that which you believe in and that we will state our case within the party.

Belgore also reaffirmed his interest in the 2015 general election.

upload_2013-12-3_9-37-21.png

Back