Sports NFF presidential elections: I am the best candidate - Mike Umeh

Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Mike Okeke Umeh believes that he is better equipped to emerge as the new chairman of the football body.

The NFF will next week in Warri conduct its long overdue congress to elect a new leadership for the next four years.

And Umeh who served as the VP in the previous board,said that he is well placed to deliver the goods for Nigerian football than the other contestants who have signified their interest.

“As the incumbent Vice President, I should be the number one candidate then others will follow,” Umeh was quoted to have said by Vanguard Sports.

Umeh will be coming up against a strong line up in Amanze Uchegbulam, Amaju Pinnick, Taiwo Ogunjobi, Shehu Dikko and Dominic Irofa,all vying for the top job.

Adding that his achievement with the previous board stands him in good stead more the others.

“We as a board were very lucky because we surpassed the achievements of all the boards before us.”

“I hope to dwell on our achievements because they were areas we did very well and certainly there were others that needed improvements. So I hope to improve on our achievements.”

Umeh.JPG

Back