Metro Nigeria: 6 Reasons Why Military Can’t Defeat Boko Haram - Service Chiefs

P

ProfRem

Following the recent deadly attacks carried out in some towns in Borno State by the Boko Haram militants, the nation’s Service Chiefs have opened up to the leadership of the National Assembly why they have been unable to successfully prosecute the insurgency war.

Here are the six reasons why the Military can't successfully prosecute Boko Haram...

- the state of equipments which requires serious upgrading and restocking

- The Service Chiefs complained that their vote in the 2015 supplementary budget has not been released thereby hampering their ability to fund their operations.

nigerianMilitary.jpg

- the need to continuously increase the personnel in the three branches of the military and the hindrance posed by the procurement process which they said is very slow

- the need for the review of some laws governing their operations so as to make them able to respond to emergency situations they now confront in the North-east zone as well as conform with global best practices.

- the need for regional support for the fight against insurgency in the North-east by the neighbouring countries

- the issue of intelligence gathering and sharing among the various agencies and mobilisation of the international community, particularly through inter-parliamentary efforts in support of the fight against terrorism in Nigeria

According to Daily Sun, the meeting was particularly attended by Saraki, his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, Deputy Majority Whip, Francis Alimikhena, Chairman, Senate Committee on Navy, Isa Hamma Misau and his colleague in the Committee on Air Force, Duro Faseyi. However, Chairman of Senate Committee on Defence, Senator Ahmed Lawan was absent.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Olonishakin led the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, his colleague in the Navy, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ette Ibas and the Air Force, Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar to the meeting.

Last edited:
Surely they have been defeated - technically [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=16]@Panel[/USERGROUP]

Only u that take d peace u enjoy 4 granted,can joke abt dis situation but 4 me that witness an attack with my 10 days old baby on 14 Feb 2015,i can tell u I appreciate what dis soldiers r doing n I am sure they have upper hand than d Boko haram and they deserves commendation!

@sagir mohd - no one is trying to make light of what has been experienced by you and others. Weach are just highlighting the words of our politicians playing their usual games with the suffering of Nigerians.

Our armed forces and and police have always been full of under appreciated, undervalued brave men and women.

Last edited by a moderator:
My instinct tells me that Nigeria is not ready yet to fight this militants.when our leaders are ready,they can then fight not coming out to fix dates to wipe them out .December 2015 was stated as the dead line but I can see the dead line for Bokoharam extending and extending.this politics should stop,our leaders think the can play with peoples life as the ways they played with our cash.Hmmm Nigeria we need deliverance,only God ooo.

No country in the world has eliminated a terrorist group. We need to be honest and find and name the original and current backers of boko haram.

Back