Politics Nigeria Army Didn't Declare IPOB a Terrorist Organization- COAS Buratai

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Tukur Buratai, has stated that the army did not declare the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, a terror group as widely reported.

Senate President Bukola Saraki had reacted to the declaration, saying the army had no power or right to declare the group as a terrorist group.

Speaking during the official launch of Operation Python Dance II in Abakaliki, Buratai argued that what the Defence Headquarters did was a pronouncement on IPOB and that the statement of the military gave room for the right steps to be taken on the matter.

He said FG's action concerning IPOB was right and that the military did not over step its bound towards the protection of lives and properties in the country.

“You have to get it very clear. First of all, what the Defence Headquarters did was to make pronouncement. It wasn’t a declaration per se. But this has given room for the right step to be taken. I think the government is doing the right thing.

“It is not that we are overstepping our bounds. We are still within the limits. And I ensure you that what the military said was to set the ball rolling and to bring the awareness to the public that this is what this organization is all about. I’m happy that the government has done the right thing right now.”

Attachments

• buratai.jpg
    buratai.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 11
Back